A page dedicated to anything you learn on rotations or on the job that you find yourself wondering “why didn’t I know this”. Almost everyday I find myself saying “What is _______” a hundred times. SO…I’m going to start keeping track and hopefully everyone can learn something!
- Renal dosing requirement for Tamiflu
- Depending on CrCl either 30mg BID or 30 daily (normal dosing is 75mg BID x 5 days if started within 48 hours of onset of symptoms)
- VAMP System
- Needless closed blood sampling system, 5cc reservoir for blood draws–can connect to central line catheters and arterial catheters. These are used in oncology patients a lot of the time.
- RBC Nuclear Scan
- Used in persistent drops in hgb to look for source of bleeding
- Antibiotic used to treat IBS and also used in Hepatic Encephalopathy to bind to ammonia and help decrease levels
- Poorly understood vascular condition of necrosis that has high association with uremia and ESRD
- Q Fever
- Zoonotic disease that resembles a flu like illness. Pts present with febrile illness and usually either PNA or hepatitis.
- Extreme generalized edema, swelling of skin due to effusions in extracellular space
- IV: PO conversion for Levothyroxine
- 50-75% IV of PO dosing.
- Miami J Collar
- Just a C collar but a fancy name!
- Vasogenic Edema
- Condition of increased swelling in patients with brain tumor/mets. Treated with dexamethasone
- Absence of eye lens
- Treatment for CSF leak Headache